Research: when is it best to publish posts on social networks to maximize user engagement
Sprout Social has prepared detailed infographics on the best posting time on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, depending on the topic of the business. Follow these guidelines when posting, and you can attract the maximum attention of your audience to your brand.
To maximize the exposure of Facebook users to your publication, use the following life hacks:
- The best time to publish is Wednesday at 11 AM and 1 AM.
- Wednesday is the best day to post on Facebook.
- The safest time for publication is on weekdays from 9 AM to 3 PM.
- Sunday is the time of the lowest activity on Facebook during the week.
- In the early morning and evening, until 7 AM and after 5 PM, your chances of attracting attention are among the lowest ones.
The best time to post on Facebook
The best time to post on Facebook for consumer brands is Wednesday at 1 PM and Friday at 11 AM. High engagement is also observed on Wednesday from 1 to 3 PM, on Friday from 10 to 11 AM, and on Thursday at 5 PM. The safest time for publication is on weekdays from 10 AM to 5 PM, and the lowest activity on Sunday and every day from 22:00 to 16:00.
It is better to share media posts on Tuesday at 5 PM. and on Friday from 8 to 9 in the morning. Well, or on Wednesday from 8 to 9 in the morning, Wednesday at 5 o’clock in the evening or Thursday at 5 o’clock in the evening. The safest time for publication is from Tuesday to Friday from 9AM to 5PM, and the lowest activity is on Sunday and every day from 10PM to 3PM.
The best time to post on Facebook on healthcare topics is Wednesday from 9 AM to 10 AM. The safest time for posting is from Monday to Friday, from 9AM to 3 or 4PM. But Saturday, Sunday and weekdays from 9 PM to 4 AM is not the best time for posting on social networks.
Facebook is still an important part of the social strategy for tech companies. Whether you are looking to engage in B2B or B2C conversation, technology companies have the best times to post on Facebook:
- The best time for tech companies to post to Facebook: Wednesday at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. is a peak time during the week as well.
- Most consistent engagement: Monday through Friday 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Lowest engagement: Sunday and every day from 6 p.m–4 a.m.
The best time to post on Instagram
To ensure maximum reach of the Instagram audience, there are also secrets:
- The best time to post on Instagram is Wednesday at 11 AM and Friday from 10 AM to 11 AM.
- Wednesday is the best day to post on Instagram
- The safest time to publish is from Tuesday to Friday, from 10AM to 3PM.
- Sunday is the time of the lowest Instagram activity during the week.
- Late at night and early in the morning from 11 PM to 3 AM, your chances of attracting attention are minimal.
It is best for consumer brands to share relevant information on Instagram on Wednesday at 3 PM. The safest time to publish is from Monday to Friday, from 11 AM to 5 PM. Another optimal period of interaction is on Saturday, around 10 AM. And on Sunday and on weekdays from 11 PM to 3 AM, it is the period of the lowest activity.
The best time to share media posts on Instagram is on Friday at 9 AM. The safest time to publish is from Wednesday to Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM. A period of high activity also lasts all evening from Thursday to Friday morning. This is less than the peak, but it can hook your audience, which is not active in other niches. Saturday and Sunday are traditionally the least productive days for media publications on Instagram.
For pharmaceutical companies and medical services, the best time to be active on Instagram on Tuesday at 8 o’clock in the morning. The safest time to publish is Tuesday from 7 AM to 4 PM. The lowest engagement is in the evening and night every day (more specifically, from 6 PM to 6 AM).
For a more detailed analysis for other niches, read the study itself. There is also extensive information and tips on when to post to Twitter and LinkedIn.