Creating a content plan for Instagram: a guide for dummies
The content plan is compiled a week in advance and pre-defines the names of posts with publication dates. This is part of a comprehensive promotion in all social networks, including Instagram.
Three options for organizing content
1. Training account
Commonly used to promote educational courses, but not only. You can also create a training account and show your customers that they cannot find the best seller then you because only you know so much about this kind of product/service.
The basis of the strategy, in this case, will be the creation of understandable content, which will go far ahead of competitors in terms of efficiency.
2. Marketplace for sale
In other words, open a store on Instagram. As in any other online store, you need to dilute the selling texts with entertaining and informational content, as well as share personal information.
3. Personal blog
You can sell through personal blogs. In this case, you talk about your life, simultaneously revealing one or more topics. Place a link to the services in the profile header. This strategy has its own advantage - you do not impose anything on anyone and surround yourself with people who like you.
How to build a content strategy?
1. Choose the type of account. In this case, you should rely on your inner feelings. What is closer to you: teach people, talk about yourself, or sell? It's worth considering what you do best. Take a piece of paper and label your choice as a heading.
2. We form the content structure. It should be built on the type of account, choose a site for sale, draw up a profile accordingly, and write sales texts, but do not be too intrusive. If you flood the audience with selling posts and not tell stories, you will not be any different from other accounts. If you sell a little, you will get the feeling that you are not really burning your own business. The training account focuses on super usefulness, but if you add a little personal/selling, it will not hurt. For a personal blog, you need to have charisma, plus you still have to make it thematic: one or two topics that will go through the entire blog. When you analyze the content plan, look at what posts were passing, and get rid of them.
Under the heading, describe an approximate structure: 20% of sales / 50% of information / 30% of entertainment posts.
3. Determine the accents. We know that a brand is not only colors and symbols. This is also what customers expect from us. Are you caring? Always trying to get the message across? Show it in your posts. Do your customers know that you have a non-standard approach to business? Be creative about content making.
Write a few accents under your structure.
4. Create a content plan for the coming week using the ideas for the articles described below.
Features of texts for Instagram
Be aware of technical limitations. The Instagram photo caption is limited to 2000 characters with spaces, but you'll have to "catch" the attention of the subscribers from the first phrase because they will only see the first three lines under the photo. Besides, when the account collects a sizeable active audience, it will be inconvenient for them to leaf through the comments in search of a continuation of the post.
The second point is related to the writing style. It has been said many times that the primary audience of a social network is the generation of millennials (people born between 1980 and 2000), so write simplistic, understandable texts. Choose an easy presentation format and vary the amount of information depending on the topic of the blog.
The third important point is literacy. All posts should strive for the ideal. You can check literacy in special services.
Ideas for selling posts
1. Product Description. We write briefly, quickly, as if we are talking with a friend, but do not forget to hook customers:
Identify key product benefits. They must be meaningful. The first few lines should hook. With the "short" Instagram format, this is especially valid.
Indicate the target audience. It must be recognizable. The purpose of the text is not just to sell but to sell to a specific category of consumers.
Set the time frame during which the product will be on sale (if any).
Indicate the price. We make the purchase convenient. The easier it is for a follower to find an analog, the less chance that he will spend time searching for prices in your account.
If you wish, you can keep within one paragraph. IKEA handles this expertly.
2. Announcements of new products. Let your followers know if you plan to add goods or services to the assortment. Ask for the opinion of the audience, because you work for them. Adjust your proposal based on likes and comments.
3. Reviews. Before you add a review, you can ask a buyer additional questions. What exactly did he like? How was color, quality, delivery, taste, material appreciated? What knowledge has he gained? What would he like to change? By publishing a review according to all the rules, you will receive trust and additional interest in your products. In addition, this is one of the tools to combat objections.
Publish a review text and accompany it with your comment. Tell buyers a little about the product. What did the client want? Was the order complicated? Did you complete it quickly? What is unique about this product?
The problem is that not everyone wants to spend time on feedback, especially busy people. In this case, you can use the tactics of "interview." Ask the same questions and ask permission to publish a client's photo.
4. Comparison of various products. Describe differences in target audiences. Which products are best suited for different consumer categories?
5. Negative experience. How did you make a mistake, and how did you fix it? What helped you to pull yourself together, admit the mistake, and take the right measures?
Ideas for Entertainment / Information Posts
1. Personal rubric. Headings create the feel of an online magazine. They distinguish an account from dozens of other similar topics. How to come up with a rubric? Think about what you could talk about on a regular basis. It does not have to be original. Ideally, when the author of the column can only be you and no one else.
2. Discussion of trends. It is important to understand that playing on a hot topic, it would be good not to grill yourself. You should write as correctly as possible, focusing on the author's "professional" look. The event can be any. The main thing is that it is consistent with the theme of your account and has a conflict of tension around itself.
3. Company news. It is worth making a separate section and assigning the author's hashtag. Positively describe the news. Be sure to indicate what benefits the innovation brings to customers.
4. Workflow. Open the door to your workshops, show how the business operates from the inside. People are always interested in looking behind the curtains. Let your comment tell people why everything is exactly like this in your company, and not differently. The second option: give people a sense of the moment - tell them how exactly at this moment things are going on in your company.
5. The story of how your company developed. What situation or chain of events determined your decision to create this business? Why was there no other way for you?
6. Posts about what motivates you and the team to go to work. Do employees come to work for free coffee or to solve complex problems? And maybe for both?
7. Under what conditions did your product came. What was the situation in the country? What was your personal situation? What were the first steps?
8. Which customers rated your brand value. Tell us about who supported you in the first years of work and what they saw in you.
9. The philosophy and mission of the company. Share sincerely and frankly.
10. Funny cases. Everyone loves a laugh. Share a fun work-related event. You can positively beat the negative points.
Personal Post Ideas
1. Philosophical reasoning. Reasoning about life, global, and vital concerning your business. If you are conducting a "technical public," you can talk about how different techniques affect the mood of adolescents. Think about what it would be interesting to know for your audience, internally probe the topic of banality. Think you really have something to say? Did you miss this post through the prism of professional or life experience? If so, you can publish it - the text will be successful with readers.
2. Tell people about your attitude toward the product. Tell how you personally use your own products in work or life. What turn in life happened thanks to your products?
3. Talk about intrapersonal changes. It is not at all necessary to open the door to the soul and invite subscribers to stagnate there, but it is quite possible to reduce the distance between you and customers through a personal story. Why are celebrity speeches for Harvard graduates so famous? Students hear that Joan Rowling, before becoming famous, trampled on the bottom, and Stephen Spielberg could not make a successful film for decades, and they see living people who have been tested by difficulties and have not broken.
4. References. Share the business literature that has shaped you as a specialist. Describe what precisely the book hooked you to and what life experience brought. Make a list of books to help your readers become better. Originally approach the creation of lists: use different periods for cataloging, make a list of "personal" and "professional" ones.
5. Plans and dreams of company employees. Tell us what people who are side by side, dreaming about and how you helped to realize their dreams.
6. Your personal mission. What do you carry with your presence in this world? What are your main goals and dreams?
7. Attitude towards cooking. Like it or not, Instagram is about food.
8. Travel. Tell us where you are traveling and for what purpose. Share useful life hacks. Tell us about your trips with a creative or professional goal.
9. Information about the internal components of the brand that find a personal response in you.
If there is no inspiration: where to get the text?
1. Guest posts. Exchange texts with a partner account that will potentially be of interest to your public. It will also allow the exchange of audiences.
2. Collections of quotes. Take a topic and find quotes. Try to avoid clichés. Make collections that inspire and help your readers. It is better if all are decorated in the same style.
3. Suggestions for discussion of news/posts of partners. Make a repost, write a meaningful comment, and ask the opinion of the audience.
4. Interview. Talk to an expert who is close to your professional field. Announce the meeting in advance and ask subscribers what answers they are interested in.
5. A selection of useful resources. This can include sites, groups on social networks, and other Instagram accounts.
6. Publications in the media. If the paper was made long ago, tell us how you have changed since then. What feelings did you feel during the interview, and what did you want to convey to your readers?
So what Instagram posts should be like?
Instagram is a live chat. Posts should be with a high-quality picture, simply and emotionally written. It is advisable to keep within 600-700 characters, so the text will fit on the phone screen.
When planning new posts, stay within the theme of your account and consider the preferences of followers based on likes and views. Remember, that recently the short videos and gifs with some useful information are at the top.